Friday, February 09, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -Feb.6


Addressed to "Best Family in Town"
[postmarked Feb. 6, 1968]

Hi!  Got postcard from D today and a letter from M. so glad to hear from you all.  Our pancake supper went over really well.  There were five of us girls and 10 guys which is pretty good odds!  We had it in the TV lounge downstairs which has a kitchen right off of it so even the guys got to help cook.  I keep alternating between Evan and Bruce with an occasional Pete and Tim thrown in!  I guess Evan is leading right now . . . but tomorrow is another day.

What do I have to do about the income tax?  I got a letter from The Patio (you forwarded it) which is a W-2 form, copy B and C.  My job here consists of waitressing special banquets.  Last week I put in 2.25 hours so you can see I don't work too much!  It pays $1.40 an hour.  I went to SS and church as usual yesterday.

The Sears package was here at the dorm – how it got here I don't know.  As far as my diet goes I'm working toward 110-112 pounds.  Don't worry, I go to three meals a day (I wouldn't miss any, they are the social events!)  and I eat all the proper foods – meat, vegetables, and lots of salads.

Do I send congratulations or sympathy to the school board pres.?  I'm glad to hear Serena and John are doing so well.  I can't really say how my grades are now.  Only 45 days until finals will be over!  I haven't gotten the seat on the bicycle yet – I'm waiting for a little warmer weather and then I'll draft some guy!  As for now, I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album