Saturday, February 03, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -Jan.30

[postmarked Jan. 30, 1968]
Dear Family,

Hi!  I got your letter – um post-card yesterday.  Nothing much has happened.

Three boys (from here) were caught shop-lifting from Bi-low's (drug store near Binns) and now due to a Angry phone call from there by the owner & manager we aren't allowed to go there any more.  Boy!!

Today we changed office work.  I'm on dish crew this time.  At least it's better than office work.

OH! Yea!  The dry-cleaners place in town (where I had my coat!) burned down.  It must have been a pretty bad fire because the town kids got out of school & they had all kinds of fire departments there.  I DID get my coat Monday morning and it burnt down Monday night.  Pretty close, huh?

The police article is in Feb. 6, (Sat. Evening Post) I think.  It was real good – worth your time.

I also spoke to Teacher Tom about being a senior next year.  He said it was very possible but I would have to see my own school – East Clinton.  He said I would have to have had Health, 11th grade English, and American History.  He said the sooner I found out the better.  So!!

He (Teacher Tom) said I could at least graduate in a year 1/2 for sure without taking summer school, if our school had a program like that.  He said that would probably be better.  Does East Clinton have that type of thing?  How about Lake Worth ???  HA! NO – take me serious there.

Got 75% on English Exam.  Got  A  on one part of Geometry test and D– on the other.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album