Monday, February 19, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -Feb.12

 February 12, 1978
Hi, John!

Sunday night . . . . writing letters, and it's great to have yours to answer . . . . seems like lately that is the extent of my letter writing!

Hope that Rob does go to the farm this year – would be good for him – and know he would enjoy it lots!  As for me going back – it's not in the books . . . I'm glad for my 3 summers there but . . . . And what about M. Mahanes [?] going – is she serious?

I'm going to keep my job at the school – it's ok – wish my wages weren't frozen – but that's the breaks working for the county!

We went to the play – "Bubbling Brown Sugar" yesterday eve really enjoyed it – are you familiar with it?  All black cast but 1 white guy – good!!  Lots of soul music – of the 40's and 50's.

Ruth is coming on Wednesday then on Saturday Mom & Mary Va – then on Tuesday – Dad.  Also Liz might be coming out for the weekend only.  What a shame that I have to hold a job down during all the tourist season!

Does it feel good to be back in school – or not???  do you have good feelings about all of your tripping around? 

We put a AM/FM/8 Track in the Buick – w/ even speakers in the door.  It's a pioneer – really good sound!  Wish you were here to listen to it!

We are taking this course on book of John – at the Church – it's almost like being in a retirement community –

Tell me what else did they (?) take from the house?  did Dad report it?  It's so disgusting – How did they get in?  How much of a mess did they leave?

I've been getting the News Journals – my the winter you all are having!!  I'm sure glad to be out here instead of there though!

What is happening in your life lately?  Write & keep me posted!!

What is the plan for going to Florida in April?

Love, Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album