Friday, February 02, 2018

1968 Catherine's postcards -Jan.29



1:20 AM, January 29, 1968! ! !  Hi, everybody!  Guess what?  I just finished opening the presents .  Thanks for everything.  As you can see I am putting the post cards to immediate use!  The mirror with the lights is just what I needed – the light in here is so bad!  The bicycle rack is perpecto and the scales I love – 15 pounds now I've lost, I'm down to 115 and still watching those beautiful calories which I'm not eating.  However, all the clothes are too big – (I haven't tried the petty pants or slip yet but the shorts are unbelievable..)  Can I return them to the Sears here or do I send them someplace, save them for Roberta or what?  Tonight was the fireside at Pres. Hicks, very informative and lots of good food!  Last night I went to a movie with John M (Bruce's roommate).  It wasn't a date, we just went together because we both wanted to go the same place.  Bruce was there alone so the 3 of us ended up together.  What a weird triangle!  I went to church this morning and then I met this very interesting guy, Dave, who has almost talked me into joining the Yoga group here on campus.  I went to the session today but I wasn't properly dressed so I didn't enjoy it too much!  It may conflict with some other things tho!  did I tell you I'm working a little?  That's what I needed the black skirt for.  So far I've worked a total of 3 hours and made $4.02.  I'm not rich yet, in fact I don't even have enough to go to Florida on – at least I think there might still be reason to go!  What's the latest on Spring vacation?  I get out the 21 – last exam ends at noon!  Thanks for all the presents and the stamps!  Love, Catherine



Helloe friends!  At the rate I'm using these postcards they're going to last about a month at the most!  Today (it is now 1:20 PM 1/29/68) I got two more packages.  What a beautiful outfit!  And how did you know blue was such an appropriate color?  the skirt will have to be shortened but other than that it is a perfecto – mucho perfecto!  The other package was a real shockeroo from Al Kates.  (Besides one Christmas card I haven't even heard from him since September)  He sent this pillow cover from Niagara Falls in Canada.  Also in the mail today I got a card from Dennis (his package was a two-eyed yellow goobie gook with long hair!).  I got a nice present of about $30 from Greyhound and also an admission ticket to the civil service test on Feb. 10.   I got my "Miss Boopadoop" paper back today.  He doesn't give grades – just comments.  I'm writing my next paper – due Wednesday – on the advantages of not getting married until you reach at least the trip old age of 26-30.  I'm sure I'm a real authority on the subject!  I was going to write it on why every woman needs three husband but that didn't quite fit the assignment.  Serena, have you heard from Judy yet?  Oh, yes, I was going to tell you what the assignment for English was – we have to pick some aspect of family life as described in this essay by Margaret Mead and attack it either negatively or positively.  I better get over to the library now and study calculus some more before class.  I've switched over to the WSJ from CSM as far as news papers!  How could I have forgotten to thank you all for the KC box of stuff – it comes in very handy and being KC makes it all the better!
Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album