Saturday, March 13, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Mar.8

 

March 8, 1971

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for the letter today.  Always glad to hear from you all.  I had to buy a new ribbon for my typewriter, the old had-had it -- actually had holes in it!!  Also thanks for the newspaper article about the Hinshaws . . . will have to show it to Cathy Hinshaw, I think I already told you all about her being related to them and all.

The silverware was returned to the school, but was gone for about three or four days.  I'm wondering what will happen next over there -- no telling.

Pam knows a girl that was in the summer program in Canada last year.  We have written her a letter, but have not heard from her yet.  I am sure it is reputable . . . .  I would suggest for you all to write the address of the place.  Which is: North American Indian Mission . . . .

Did I send you all a folder telling a little about it?  I think I have one left but can't seem to find it right now.  I won't need the money until June -- as far as I know now.  We should know in about three weeks or so if we are accepted.  I'm wondering what all I should have to take up there . . . probably very rough clothes.

I did get my term paper done Saturday for History which is almost identical to my one in English . . . was able to write on the same subject for both.  I plan to do my English one tomorrow . . . maybe I'll be able to just get it done tonight, but really doubt it.  All I have to do is type it . . . so I am lucky there.

Had to practically run down to the police station today to get some information I needed -- some books, etc. for criminal investigation.  I have a thing due in class tomorrow night, that class would sure be easy if I had the experience of the others.

My secret brother knew automatically who I was after he got the jack set.  He seemed to appreciate it alot.

I am glad Serena is enjoying wearing the brown outfit, I have alot of other clothes that she could be wearing if I had been smart enough to bring them home at Christmas time.

Just one more week of school now.  Everyone is studying hard now, don't see much use in it myself.  By the way, the March 8th issue of Newsweek has some interesting articles on How Justice Works, perhaps you all might want to look it up.

I'll put in the bill for tuition next term.  How long do you think it will take U.C. to let me know one way or the other?

Love, Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album