Thursday, March 25, 2021

1981 Roberta's letter to GHU -Mar.30

 

Saturday Night
[3/30/81]

Hi, Grandma!

Thanks for your letter -- the last of the 15¢-ers!  I didn't get my letters out -- that I had hoped to -- before it went up!  Every thing keeps going up!!

Perhaps you have heard that we sold this house & bought another one -- the "new" house is about 10 years old -- in a retirement area -- not far from where I work.  Really a nice neighborhood -- no kids -- which I'm going to enjoy!!

We also bought a small A-frame cabin near Payson -- about 2 hours from here.  It's a beautiful area -- cool in the summer!!  Resort property is suppose to be a good investment!!  You will have lots to see when you come in October!!  Now you can see why there is no trip to Ohio this summer!!

We went to a ball game this aftn -- Chicago Cubs / Oakland A's.  Best part of it is -- I got a little tan.

Next Saturday we are taking lots of staff to a park/swap -- sell some of our MANY non-needed collectables!!  Hi to all --

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album