Tuesday, March 16, 2021

1971 Catherine's Letter -Mar.8


Monday Morning
March 8, 1971
Dear Mom, Dad, Serena, John, and Mary,

Was glad to get your letter on Saturday and sorry we left so many things in New Vienna.  None were vital -- the only vital things I have are my contacts and my toothbrush (which isn't vital unless I eat something)!

We got back fine after stopping at a McDonalds in Fort Wayne for a little refreshment and then we spent a little while in Sturgis (Mich.) driving around the route where Dick used to be the mailman a couple summers ago.

We have both been working away at our SIP's  I have now finished all the translating and now have the last part to hand into Fugate today.  As soon as he checks it and I correct it I'll be ready to start typing.  Actually I could start typing already since the first half is all ready.  Dick has finished his Introduction and the first section of his paper with a schedule made out so he will get the other five sections done.  I'm hoping to finish mine this week since on the 18th I start working full time at the library.  Dick is only going to work half time.

Mrs. Hall called yesterday and is ready to come down again so we're going up to Clio for her tomorrow.

I have a doctor's appointment at 11:30 this morning so I hope all goes well and I won't have to go see him again soon.  I have been feeling pretty well so . . . .

Then this evening we're going to Flo & Francis's for dinner.  It will be neat to hear all about their Australia trip.

Saturday night we went to the movie "Alex in Wonderland".  It isn't the kind of movie one gets all involved in, but it requires some thought and after I figured that out I enjoyed it.  It's about a movie-director who is trying to figure out what to do his next movie about.  It also deals alot with the problems he has existing with his wife and kids and his mother who pops in once or twice, plus he is trying to decide whether to buy a new house.  I guess you would say it's a movie about a man.

Afterwards I took Dick out for a pizza.  He's not wild about pizza so the only way I can get him to go is if I treat him!  Ha!

Well, hope you all are doing fine!

Love,
Catherine

P.S.
Aunt Mary just wanted to know my dress size and measurements.  She didn't say anything about the style or color.  She did say she would probably send you the dress so you could get one for Mary Virginia after seeing mine.  [for Marianne's wedding]


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album