Monday, March 01, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Feb27

 

Feb 27, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Today was the "Law & Society" Forum at school.  I did go.  It was very interesting.  I liked the panels the best that were after the main speakers.  The "big" speakers were ok but the panels were alot more exciting.  On the panel this morning 3 out of 4 of the people came from the East.  That makes alot of the people from Oregon & other states around here upset.

I got  2  letters today from Florida.  One letter from Mrs. Hinerman and the other from Grandma.  Hinermans must live near West Palm, as their letter was marked like Grandma's "West Palm Beach Greater Area".  Something like Stuart Florida.  I'll have to get my atlas out!

Mrs. Hinerman said they didn't get your letter about meeting in the Bahama's until the last day of you all being over there.  She did say she was going to write you all because of someone's son she knows that lives in South Africa.  Guess he is in the Army -- but an officer or something.  

Grandma really didn't have alot to say except that she had tried to make a doctor's appointment & Aunt Mary called up some doctor and the secretary said that Grandma would have to pay $25.00 for nothing just because she would be a new patient.  How pitiful!!!  Well, guess she didn't go! (don't know how long ago this was -- maybe you all already have heard about it from her.)

I was wrong about the snow not sticking.  In fact, got up this morning and there was something between 3-5 inches of snow on the ground.  Still not too cold though.  I think about 35º.  I have heard that there is alot more snow other places in Oregon & Washington -- especially bad around & in the mountain passes.  Is it still snowing in Ohio?

I just hope it is nice weather in about two & a half weeks when we will be on our way to California.  Um -- guess it is a bit longer than that.  But I do hope we have good weather.

I do hope you have sent my medicine.  Also still wondering what you all think of that Indian program this summer.

Mary Virginia, how does it feel to be seven years old?  You'll be seven years & a couple of days old by the time you get this letter.

I think I did pretty good on my History test yesterday.  I sure hope so.  I've got to kill that F in Civilization somehow.

Oh, Julie Wiget called me up Thursday night.  But I was gone -- Criminal Investigation.  I did call her back yesterday morning.  Rates -- at least by pay phone have gone up from $1.20 to $1.65 for the first three minutes.  And this was at 3:30 in the morning!

Well, I better go.  Want to write Grandma before the mail goes out today.

Hope to hear from you ALL soon.  Please send me some you-know-whats (stamps) if you find some floating around not doing anyone any good!

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album