Tuesday, March 09, 2021

1971 Roberta's letter -Mar.6

 

March 6, 1971
Dear Family,

Thanks alot for the letter & pills -- I got them yesterday.  Pills came through fine!

Yesterday I went to Portland with Cindie -- we rode in with one of my teachers that was going in.  We had to go to Portland County Library.  Going to make use of that $3.00 card!! Have been studying today & hope to finish (100%) my English term paper today.

Also yesterday bought myself a pair of brown corduroy slacks & top in Portland.  Somehow I'm not too fond of bended [?] pants I got over Christmas.  You would have to see them to understand.  That bended stuff is all messed up!  Any trouble with Mary Virginia's bended pants?

Called up air-lines -- prices have gone up & not as many flights now.  OH. Brother!

I'm all signed up for Spring term -- taking English, Civilization, Personality, Fund. of Speech & archery.

No word yet from summer idea & U.C.  Sure am anxious about both!  Please tell Rev. Lynd thank you for me.  (for references)

Well, I hope you all are fine.  Got letter today from Aunt Mary.  Hope you all have sent me you-know what (money) not sure yet when we'll be leaving -- want to leave early so no trouble flying youth fare.

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album