Wednesday, March 17, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Mar.11

 


March 11, 1971
Dear Family,

Hi!  Thanks alot for the letter, check, stamps & newspaper articles today.

After the phone call last night I suppose you all have heard that I was accepted for this summer.  It was sure a surprise to get that news yesterday in the mail.  They are to send me a list of what all I'll need.  I'm wondering if I'll need a sleeping bag -- and what all else.

Pam & Cindie have not been accepted yet.  But I don't think Cindie will go now if she does get accepted.  She wants to go to Scotland next year.

I got a post-card today from Mrs. Schamaun -- from Athens Greece.  Oh brother.

I doubt if I will take the course next term at Portland Community.  I want to -- but I don't specially want to strain my brain.  Also -- though good back-ground I'm not sure if it will transfer.  I am going to keep the text-book as I think it is a good one.

I want to sell some of my textbooks but school's book-store won't buy used books till in May.  Not really sure why.  I will need 4 new books next term.  One for personality, one or two for Speech, one Poetry book for English & also a small hand-book for archery.

Oregon is having RAIN STORMS!!

Don't have any idea who Mrs. Hinshaw's niece is here -- Will have to work on that.

The article of the teen-age Iowa girl as a narcotics agent was very interesting.

In fact, Newberg has had an under-cover cop working with drugs.  Had a raid about a week & a half ago & got 28 arrests of possession & etc.  Was Big News -- on T.V. etc.

John, how is your physical fitness?

I wrote Aunt Mary & all yesterday that I was accepted.  First time I had ever mentioned it to them.

Will see Cindie about her home address.  I want no delay in my mail!!

Thanks again for everything.

Love,
Bert

P.S.  Will enclose letter from the Indian Mission.  Please keep letter.  You might tell Rev. Lynd I got accepted & thank him.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album