Wednesday, March 03, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Mar.1

 

March 1, 1971

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for the letter and the stamps yesterday.  I appreciate both of them.  Hope you all are all right.  Mary Virginia how do you feel now???  Hope you feel alot better.

Also nice to talk to you Sunday.  How long did Catherine and Dick get to stay in New Vienna?  I take it from your letter that Catherine will be staying in the dorm next term and will be taking classes or what?

I am about half done with registering.  I am planning on taking English, Civilizations, Personality, Fund. of Speech, Archery, and I think that is all.  I'm not too sure about that Civilizations.  But, I can't take U.S. History because I want to take Personality and they meet at the same time.  So . . . .  Also sort of dreading that speech class, but I think I would rather have it here than at U.C. -- if I do go there.  It is required at U.C.

I am not to hear from the Indian Mission thing in Canada until the end of this month.  That will mean after Spring Vacation.  Shoot!!  Wish I could find out earlier.  I haven't told anyone about my applying -- that is until I am accepted or . . . .

Starting next week Criminal Investigation is to meet on both Tuesday and Thursday, don't really know why either.  I am going to have to tell the teacher that I can't be up there both evenings . . . that is unless I really get alot done this week-end.  Doubt if that will happen because there are about six of us that are planning on going into Portland and getting some stuff from the Portland Library.  We went together about a week or two ago and bought us a $3.00 library card.  Portland does have a pretty nice library, old but nice.

Also had alot of reading material from Aunt Mary yesterday.  Suppose you all got a copy of it all too.  Today I got the Church news letter.  I can't believe that there are only some two weeks left in this term.  Sure hope Spring term goes fast.

Julie Z. dropped out of school yesterday.  I think she is a little (?) crazy . . . .  Jut didn't want to go another two weeks . . . or so she said.

Well, can't think of anything else to write.  Do hope you all send me some money to spend in California -- for I will sure need some bad, unless my income tax money comes in or the bank makes a mistake and puts $150 extra (just a figure) in my saving account.  Well nice to have a wide carriage on the typewriter . . . 

Love, 
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album