Tuesday, February 16, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter -Feb.19


Thursday night
[2-19-81]

Dear Family,

Hi!  From one of your silent daughters!  We have really been busy -- too many irons in the fire!!  Plus we have just been having beautiful weather -- so it seems we spend more time out in it!  Today it got up to 86º -- sure nice!

We had the nicest Valentine Party out at the center.  We had 14 couples who had been married for 50 years or over -- and they sat at a head table -- Each couple got up and said "a few words" -- Some were of very few words -- others a little too wordy! --like Rev. Kuntzman!

Each person got a heart shaped name tag also a very cute (all (both) hand made) by our people -- a small Valentine place card type of deal.

After lunch we had a polka band -- & what a group!  There were about 12 of them -- all 1st generation German or Polish.  They all live in the same retirement area.

After the music we had a big bakery cake -- it was $18 (full) sheet -- no decorations -- so a few women at the center decorated it & did a real good job!

Friday night Marion & Sally went to a Suns basketball game -- I stayed home & really enjoyed the peace & quiet.  There were 130 at the Valentine's Party at the center!!

I'm anxious to hear about your trip East.  It's still hard for me to believe that Joe [Dailey] got married.  How many of the family were there?  How many were there altogether?

I haven't heard form Grandma for a real long time.  What d you all hear from her?

Buffie is to have his last shot tonight -- he's just been improving so much. All he had to have was 10 shots -- at $18 each!

Have hit a snag w/ my new bank -- they sent me this letter saying they could not issue me an identification card because I had a lack of credit.  I called them up & said how much $ there was in this house.  They still would not accept that.  I wonder how anyone could handle credit  payments along w/ a house payment!  Now I've got a letter off to one of the higher-ups.

The problem is that they don't just have an ID card, but is has an automatic $500 loan built-in.

This is short, but think I'll get it in this afternoon's mail.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album