Wednesday, February 03, 2021

GHU Letter to Roberta -Feb.7

 

Mon. evening Feb. 7 
[probably 1983, but possibly 1977]

Dear Roberta,

This has been a busy day or you might call it a going day.  This was the VIA Day & it was planned for the members to meet at the church to visit the Kirkhill Country Club or rather it is an "Adult Day Care" center trying to get started.  It was an interesting place to visit & then we ate at Duff's Restaurant before returning home.  The Church Bus took a load & I think 4 cars also.  Aunt Mary had a full load.  I'll tell you about it later.

It is getting nearer the time for you to travel eastward or should I say southward.  We keep having rain & cool weather so don't forget your sweater.  The main purpose of this note is to let you know we will meet you at the airport & plan to go to the church for Wed night dinner at 6 o'clock so hope the plane will arrive about on time.  It is to be a special India meal without the spice.  The speaker is to talk about India, has merchandise & I think is to show slides.  Our minister, Rev. Buhl was in India last Sept. & he has no desire to return.

I think Aunt Mary & I may make the trip to Naples when you go staying out the one night.  For when your Dad & Mother go they have a little visit to make with the Kuntzmans & they plan to call on Ellen too so I think it will be alright for us to go right after services on Sun.  We can talk about it after you come.  May be we could all go from here to Ellen's & then go different ways for a day or two.  Uncle Bill is not going.  That I know.

We ate at Tu-Tu [?] yesterday I think they were in the Restaurant business when you were here.  I forget, anyway we had a good meal.  As it happened we got the last table before the people had to wait in line.  I think the last ones came in from the Baptist Church for they were still in service when we passed the church.

We saw a beautiful white cat & a nice dog (cocker) to-day.  They both belong at the Home.

My eyes are getting sleepy.

Love, Grandma


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album