Saturday, February 13, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Feb.16

 


Monday, February 16, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  Today being a holiday of sorts I don't know if I'll get this mailed but at least it will be written!  Gerry and I both have to work today so it is hard to think of it as a holiday.

I guess I missed you on Friday morning, Mother.  Did you leave earlier than you had planned?  I looked at the temperatures for Washington and New York yesterday and it seemed like you were having it pretty mild.  Winter seems to have ended here.  After two weeks of snow and cold weather it has warmed up.  Last Thursday it was 64º and last night the low was 51º with the high today to be in the mid 50's and rain.  Saturday I was able to hang six loads of clothes outside.

I gave my 37th pint of blood last week.  They had the bloodmobile at the high school instead of at the Methodist Church and as a result got about 40 first time donors.  I haven't heard the exact tally but I think they got around 120 pints whereas the average for Madras is around 65.

Thanks for the Valentine and the money.  I had forgotten what an exciting holiday Valentines Day is for the little kids!  Wendy's class had a party on Friday and I think they were more excited about that than seeing Santa Claus.  Wendy looked forward to it all week!  And now she has to keep looking at all her cards.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album