Friday, February 26, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Feb.25


 February 25, 1971
Dear Family,

Hi!  I just now got done taking a Social Problems test over some 200 plus pages.  Now, all I have to look forward (!) to is the History test which will be tomorrow afternoon.  I'm glad of that.

I have been looking for a letter from you all wondering what you all thought about the Indian Mission thing this summer.  Also if my income tax thing was right.  I suppose I will hear tomorrow since I am writing this today.

I had a letter today from The Bruces and also the Walkers.  Mrs. Bruce said she has had company -- her brother was visiting her, also his wife.  They (her brother & wife) are in Hawaii right now, guess their home is in Florida.  Wow.  What a life.  She told me to be sure and call her over Spring Vacation.  Also that maybe Cindie and I could spend a night with them and all that.

Yesterday I got a letter from Cheese Haven -- in Port Clinton, Ohio.  I thought that maybe they were going to say that they were sending me some cheese or something like that but all it was was an advertisement.  Oh, brother.  Wasn't even something forwarded -- wonder how they got my address?

Today when I got up you could see snow on the mountains and also the hills right outside the room.  It has been snowing off and on today, very hard.  But, the snow hasn't begun to stick yet.  Doubt if it will, actually it is still pretty warm out.  Yesterday very windy -- up to 35 MPH of wind.

Someone had stole all the school's silverware except the knives.  We do have these shovel like thing to use for spoons.  They are really big.  But alot easier to eat things like peas and soup with the shovels instead of the knives.

Mrs. Walker said Serena was going to play her bells March 3rd for Mother's Program.  Um, think that is right.  She said Serena told her she couldn't do it (meaning not good enough).  Yes, Serena?

I haven't heard from Aunt Mary for about two weeks -- not even had a carbon copy from her.  She must be really busy with Mare's wedding.

I bought a Wells jack set downtown this morning to give someone as a revealing present.  29¢ Twin set.  We had these Secret Brothers and today we were to reveal ourselves so I bought one of them and told him these were from my home-state and better yet my home-town.  I am sure he will be able to guess who I am from that.

I hope you all like this fancy paper of mine.  [information about interval training exercise on the reverse side]

This week-end I have the pleasure (?) of reading the book Principles of Political Economy, by John Stuart Mill.  I thought it would be one of these old books (it is old), with thick pages and big printing.  Today whenI took a good look at it I discovered it had very thin pages and very tiny writing.  Ugh.  It is for Civilizations.  I just looked and the last time it was taken out of the library was in April 1941.  Um, almost thirty years ago.  I better dust if off before I read it.

Well, I better close.  I do want to get this in the mail this afternoon

Love,
 Bert 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album