Tuesday, February 02, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Feb.6

 

Feb. 6, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Right now it is 11:30 -- almost lunch time.  I would type this but I have been typing Civilization since about 8:00 this morning.  Ugh!  I sure would like a "C" out of that class.  oh well -- (?)

It was nice talking to you all last night.  I hope it wasn't too much of a surprise.

The address of East Clinton -- plus the zip code needs filled out.  Also the colleges you all went to I didn't put down on the application since I wasn't sure.  It also needs $25.00

It was really nice of Nancy to send me the Bulletin that had the Police Science Program in it.  If you all would like to get it just write to U.C. and ask for the "University College" Bulletin.

I hope it is not too late to get admitted.  If it is I could go here another year.  I wonder how long it will take them before they let me know.  Um -- sure hope it is faster than their sending me an application!!

May have to drop the reading course I'm taking because it takes up so much time.  I wish I could do it but the way it is now it takes up  10  hours a week.  The thing is that all the probation students are taking it and they are only allowed to take 12 hours so they have alot more time.  I am taking 17 hours this term -- something is going to have to go next term.  Civilization is only  3  credits but I have to spend about double on it than anything else.  This morning I typed my January 25th notes out so I'm still more or less behind.

I had a nice letter from Mrs. Walker -- Nancy's mom.  Nancy told me that one of you had talked to her mom and then Mrs. Walker told Nancy about me being interested in Police Science.  I'll have to write Nancy a card today.

I didn't get my J&W W-2 form in the mail today.  Sure hope it comes soon.

As I said last night I will probably be going home with Cindie Mathewson for Spring Vacation.  It would be nice if we could find a ride down there but I don't know yet.  It costs $40 one way stand-by.  I'll let you know more when I find out more details.

We had a test in Criminal Investigation Thursday -- I think I did pretty good.  I really like that course.  I may start taping the lectures with Mary's cassette tape player.  Pam has one but Mary's is alot better & alot easier to operate.  There is quite a difference in the sound of them.

I haven't heard from the Bruces yet.  I wonder if they might be gone someplace or maybe just didn't get around to writing.  I have gotten a few letters from Betty Waits Chestnut.  She has lost 17 pounds in about a month.  Not bad, huh?  I have lost  8  pounds since Jan. 4th.

This next week-end is Homecoming.  I guess it is really a big deal.  There will be open house in all the dorms.  Alot of people will be here from what I understand.  We won't have any school a week from Monday!  Yeah!

Have you all gotten the school's newspaper?  One came out about a week or two ago.  I suppose you all will get it in a month or so.  We get one free and I sent a few articles from it to different people.

Well, I better be closing.  I want to get caught up with Civilization this weekend so Monday I can be behind again!!  Oh, well ---

Thanks for sending in the U.C. application.  Also the $25.00!!  That is when you do send it in.  I'm going to go Monday morning and get my transcript sent in & also my advisor to fill out a paper for me.  Then on the other side of it I have to get E.C.'s grades.  I'll just send it to them as soon as I get my advisor to do the one side.

Hope you all are fine!

Love,
Bert

P.S.  Hey -- By the Way -- did you all get a funny letter yesterday from G.F.C. using G.F.C. official looking envelopes & paper?  Cindie & I wrote it during History and then typed them out after class.  She sent one to her parents also.  It was a practical (???) joke.  I thought I better tell you since you might be wondering.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album