Sunday, February 14, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Feb.15

 


Feb. 15, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Happy Federal Holiday -- even tho we still had to go to school!!  Hey -- I just realized this morning that you all mailed my Valentine AIR MAIL!!  I do hope you all are feeling OK!!  (Just kidding!)

I do have some pretty good news today.  I got an  A  on my Civilization notebook!  I guess all that work was really worth it.  There weren't very many A's at all.  All of my friends that did so well first term & thought they did such a good job on their notebook got C's.  I was quite proud of myself.  But, then since I flunked (I think) the exam I'l still have a 'C' average.  Shoot!!

Today in Chapel they had a man from the North American Indian Mission.  He heads up a summer program for college students to come to Vancouver, B.C. & then go in Indian Villages and be like Junior Missionaries.  Cindie, Pam, and I are all very interested in the program.  But -- it does cost $200.00.

Cindie called up her parents and they were very startled, etc. over the phone so I thought I would just write you all of the details.  I talked to the man that is the head of it and he said it would be very good experience for me.  I really think so too.  I will enclose a folder which tells a little more about it.  If you all want to you could write the address to get more information.

I have filled out about half of an application.  The man told me I should get it in as soon as possible.

What do you all think about it?  I realize it cost $200.00 but I could drain my savings account.  Or it could be my birthday present, or something like that.  I am very excited about it right now.

I wouldn't be able to come home in June -- I understand that right now.  The program starts the 17th of June -- we'll not be out until the 10th of June.

I'll tell you all right now that I have been thinking about coming back to George Fox next year.  I really do like this school.  I was talking to my English teacher and she said she thought it would be a good idea if I would come back for my 2nd year here -- especially if you all were at all for it.

I could go to U.C. year after next -- if I still wanted too.  The application plus the $25 is good for another year.

I am very excited about the Big people that will be coming to George Fox the 27th of Feb.

Well.  I better close for now.

Please write back soon & tell me what you all think of me going to the summer missionary program.  (And the $200.00)

Hope all are fine!!

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album