Tuesday, February 23, 2021

1991 MV's Letter -Feb.23

 

2/23/91
10:45 PM
Dear Mom & Dad --

Received your card from NYC today -- hope you had a good trip to NYC & Texas.  The trip to San Antonio/Brownsville (?) is business and/or pleasure?  Wish we could have gone.  I remember very little about San Antonio.

We are watching CNN tonight re: the outbreak of the ground war.  Sorry to hear about it but hope it doesn't have to last long.

Made a appointment for my annual physical 3/8 -- my blue cross / blue shield expires 3/15, so I might as well get some of the $ back out of the policy.  That appt is in Lexington at the OB/Gyn.  I've been fighting a sore throat for about 3 weeks so I'm going to a local doctor about that next week.  The one great thing about the current BC/BS policy is that it pays 100% after the $100 deductible.  I went to the library to read the Consumer Reports articles Serena told me about, but both issues were checked out.

Don is geared up & nearly ready for Chrysalis next weekend.  He is doing the Priesthood talk, which on Chrysalis is on Sunday afternoon.  I am going Friday & Saturday to work in the kitchen & the Sat. p.m. Service.  The Chrysalis is CO-ED; the girls is full++ and boys have spaces left.  Ceiling registration is 20 for each; there are 25 girls and 11 boys going.  The boys may fill up yet.

We are beginning work on the children's musical -- it will be performed for the Mother/Daughter Banquet 5/7 and for the general public on 5/10.  May 10th will be a dinner theatre type thing with a sit down dinner in the Lower Fellowship Hall, followed by the Senior Adult musical & the children's musical in the sanctuary.  In the past couple years, this has been done as a fund raiser to supplement the music budget; this year we are going to use it as a fund raiser for children's choir robes.  With the Walk, this & the wedding.  May will be a big month.

Glad to hear Grandma's doing better.  Wish we could get home, but with work, school & Emmaus commitments, I don't know when our schedule will open up.

I don't know if I told you, but I've started a Youth Choir at the church.  In the past, this has not been successful.  We started out 3 weeks ago w/ 5 girls and have picked up 2 more.  I'm hoping we can bring some boys in.  I think the key is perseverance with the slow going / lack of commitment.  Potentially, we could have 15-30 in the group.

Also, you & the shop may want to correct our address to 3203 (not 3204) Ferry Rd.  I'm not sure where the mix-up occurred.

On Thursday for my birthday we will have dinner in Lexington with some friends, the husband's birthday is also 2/28.  Then I'll drive back to Somerset & Don will stay in Wilmore to get a ride to Chrysalis for the start on Friday morning.

That's about it on the Somerset front.  Again, hope you had a safe trip and always glad to hear from you.  Tell Grandma & Hortons hello.

With love,
Mary Va & Don

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album