Thursday, February 04, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter - Feb.7?


 [2/7?/81]

Dear Family,

Hi! I'm in San Manuel for the weekend -- at Sally's parents -- with Marion & Sally.  Everyone is in the middle of a big poker game -- so far I think Marion has lost some $6 -- I feel like I'm in the middle of a PET SHOP -- 6 dogs here -- one being Buffy.

I'm off the next -2- Mondays -- it was a year ago this time that we moved!  Think there are still 2 boxes in the garage yet to be unpacked!

We are planning a special Valentine's Party at the center -- honoring the couples who have been married 50 years & over -- 

The snowmobile suit sure does keep me warm on my bike these cold mornings.  The last 2 days I've ridden Marion's bike -- keep the battery charged up!!  She is getting along fine -- just little pain left w/ her shoulder --

Gas here has gone up to $1.25 -- unleaded -- makes my bike getting just over 100 mpg -- look all the better & it uses regular gas $1.19/gallon.

Lots of Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album