Sunday, February 21, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Feb.22

 

February 22, 1971

Dear Family,

thanks alot for the letter today.  I just now got out of civilizations and it is about a half hour till supper time.  In Civilizations I found out that I am part of a very select group.  There were six people that got "F's" on their exam and I was one of them.  I hope you are very proud of me.  There went my "A" average right down the tube.  I can hardly wait till the final exam.

I just don't know about Spring Vacation.  As I said we do have a ride, but the boy that is driving wants to leave on Wednesday and I will have my final exam in Criminal Investigation the following day or rather evening.  I am planning on telling him that soon but I've got the feeling he won't be too excited about waiting.  I'll have to see.

What do you all think about this summer's program that I wrote you all about???  It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost the $200.00 dollars.  Right now I doubt if I will even get accepted  I know alot of kids here that have applied too and alot of them are older than us, and I would imagine that they would have a better chance than us.

I still don't know about next year.  I want to go to that police science stuff at U.C., but I want to go more into social work.  Do you know what I mean???  I want to combine the two if it would be possible.

This week is going to be a bad one.  I have got two big tests one in Social Problems and the other in History.  I am just glad I haven't got a Civilizations test for awhile.  But, I do have a book review due in Civilizations this coming Monday -- a week from today.  I should try to do that this week because that program is this Saturday.

I got a letter from Oscar and Elizabeth today.  Elizabeth has a really neat typewriter -- I mean it is a script one.  She said she had talked to Mary Virginia the other day.

Do you all know when Grandma is coming back to Ohio?  She told me the end of March.  When are you all going to Africa?

Well, Serena, how is the driving???  And John that is what you get for eating all those oreo's at Christmas time.  Mary Virginia, I hope you are looking after all the puppies.

Well, I better close.  I better get to working on my Civilization notebook.  It is my only hope of passing that class.  Hope you all are fine.  By the way Cindie applied to Cal. State University and they wrote her a letter and in it they said that the first term would be able to take her is Spring 72.  WOW . . . Got to go.

[Love, Roberta]

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album