Thursday, May 31, 2018

1978 Catherine's Letter to MV -May17

Wed. PM, Mary 17, 1978
Dear Mary Virginia,

Hi!  This is in response to your letter number three of the year – in case you are keeping track too!  We hear that you got teeter-tottered out.  Who is this Tim Larrick – I never heard of him.

Wendy is playing in her playpen right now.  She has a spoon which I bent the handle in half so it sort of comes up under the spoon part – that keeps her from sticking it down her throat.  (The other day she tried to swallow Gerry's belt.)  Anyway she is playing with this spoon.  she puts in her mouth for awhile and then she waves it around in her hand.  She likes to wave things around.  She got her first balloon at the bank last week and she has had a good time playing with it.  I hope it doesn't burst and scare her to death.

In my last letter I told you how I was reading this series of books called My Friend                   .  Well, I finished all seven that the Gilroy library had so I ordered some others through interlibrary loan but they haven't come yet.  In the My Friend books the main character is an author named Janet Sandison who has written a series of books called Jean in the Morning, Jean at Noon, Jean in the Twilight & Jean towards a new Tomorrow which are books actually written by the same author.  The My Friend books are by Jane Duncan.  But it turns out that both Janet Sandison and Jane Duncan are Elizabeth Cameron.  How's that for confusing?  I am now reading the Jean books.

DeeDee is to arrive tomorrow night and we are going camping Friday and Saturday nights taking DeeDee's friend Jenny with us.  DeeDee and I are going to go early on Friday and get the tent set up and thenGerry is going to pick up Jenny after she gets out of school and meet us there. 

So what else is new with you?  How much more school do you have?  When are you planning to come to Gilroy to see your niece?

We just finished a roll of film last night and I took it to Nob Hill this morning for developing so we should have some more pictures to send you by next week.

So when are you going to take Grandma to Hudson Guild?  How long will you be staying?

It's about time for the mailman so I will put this out for him to get it started on its journey to New Vienna.

Write soon – we'll be waiting for number four!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album