Saturday, May 19, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -May 5

May 5, 1978
Dear John,

Seem to have some time on my hands so wanted to get a quick note started to you.  Don't know what or how much you have heard from the folks lately, but I have lots of news to tell!!!

But first off . . . . . thanks so much for your letter.  I always enjoy hearing from you, but this letter was especially great . . . you sound so happy and for that I am glad.  What book are you studying in the Bible????  Marion and I have been reading a type of devotional book, called the Pain of being Human. It's fantastic . . . . . well written, and really makes you . . . or gives you the challenge to think.  It's by a Catholic Priest, he also has alot of other books out -- the joy of being human . . . . etc.

What have you heard from Mr. Ream.  He is really a burger not to have written you to let you know what is happening.  We wrote him a nice letter, then never heard back from him.  If he bad feelings, is too bad.  I'm glad that Rob will be there too this summer.  I want to have complete details of what all is happening . . .

We had a busy weekend this last weekend.  Saturday we were out by 6:15 a.m. looking at trucks.  I had decided I wanted a small truck, like a Datsun or Toyota.  I like to look while there are no salesman around, while it is cool.  After looking till 10:00 we came back, rested awhile, then went back out.  This time I left my pocketbook at home.  And

  • Hi there john sign maryann sandoval I have heard alot about you your sister roberta is very proud of so I must go know nice meeting you  bye maryann sandoval a friend/....
then we went back out to the Datsun place and I bought a new 1978 bright yellow short bed truck.  It was a demo with some 1,600 miles on it.  It has a bumper, and side molding.  Also has an AM radio, but in time I want to put the radio that is in the Buick in it.  Did we tell you that we put this really neat Peinner radio AM/FM, 8-track in the Buick.  Really good sound.  There is the best FM station here.  It plays the best music.

Anyway, I really like the truck, I had wanted one when I got the Granada, but then I knew that I wanted one that I could take Grandma around in.  This summer, some time I want to get a basic shell to go over it, so we can go camping up in the mountains . . . the cold . . . or should I say the cool region.  I'm anxious to see what kind of gas mileage I'll get with it.

The Buick has really had it.  I don't know whether I should sell it – get nothing out of it – or go ahead and get it licensed.  Seems that there is very few times that we need two cars.  Marion still drops me off on there way to work, and picks me up in the afternoon.

Marion is to go in the hospital this coming Thursday, a week from today.  It will be a hard time for her, but then it will be great when it is all over.  I'm very anxious – as she is – to find out what the doctor finds when he operates.  Good thing we didn't plan to go to the farm this summer.  The doctor says she will be in the hospital for 1 week, then will be about 7-8 weeks before she feels like herself again.  She knows that you know, so if you want to write her, or send a card, feel welcome.  I know she would like to hear from you.

I've been busy applying for jobs, taking tests, etc.  Yesterday I went out to Mesa Lutheran Hospital. They have a social service worker job open.  While I was there they told me about a job that they aren't even advertising . . . it's one for Public Relations Director.  It pays good.  plus it sounds like a really interesting job.  There are rumors flying around here that I wan to get another job, so its kind of weird working under it all.  I am really on the look-out . . . . . but not for typing type jobs!!!

Love,
Berta

Keep me posted as to what is happening w/you ––
You'll like the truck!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album