Thursday, May 03, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -April 24

April 24, 1968
Hi Everybody!

I've been waiting for days for the 5¢ stamps to come but I finally gave up and decided to write you all a letter to see if you are still there.  If the contact cost so much you can't afford stamps any more forget the contacts and I will wear glasses.  At the top of the page you will see my address.

Dennis will be here tomorrow and today it is snowing.  Last weekend I went to a love-in on Friday night with David and a bunch of other kids.  We help at the Community Reformed Church with about 70 kids who drop-in for the evening.  Bedlam reigns!

Saturday David and I went canvassing for Action Now.  We got this real ritzy section of town and everyone was very polite but rather vague.  I even talked to the Mrs. Gilmore whose family practically supports the college.

Saturday night we went to see "The Fox."  Dave's roommate, Dick, is from K and has a car – what luxury!  Sunday David went to church with me and then Cal's recital was that afternoon.  Monday night David and I did our civic duty and went to the city council meeting.

I worked banquets Monday and Tuesday night and now not again till Friday noon.  This weekend it is the case of Dennis vs. David.

I have a C in chem, no grades yet in math 16 or polly sigh but I'm getting A's in the math course that doesn't count.  I call it my confidence course!

Got to go!

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album