Sunday, May 20, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -May 5

May 5, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi!  Gee – thanks for all the post-cards.  It was nice talking to you Friday night & all.  While I was at the Hinermans I said something to the effect that you all would be up May 12, & she (Mrs. Hinerman) said we should all come over for lunch or dinner.  She also said I could bring a friend from school if I wanted.  Well . . . the way I see it – Cathy wouldn't be that much different than somebody here.

Have you decided when you are coming?  (whether Sunday or Saturday) If you can let me know as soon as possible – it would be appreciated.

OH – yes. Next week "Billy Bud" is going to be shown. (on Saturday night) You (of course) could see it if you come.

Yesterday was Chris's birthday.  It was very funny because we thought her parents would bring a cake and her parents thought that we would have a cake for her.  Needless to say there was no cake for  Chris.  Only a week and a half ago was Carol's birthday.  Now in only a little more than a week is my own.  June 5th is Kathy Boynton's birthday.  Of course she will have hers celebrated too.  All these birthdays sure don't help my budget.  (neither does buying medicine!)

I was just using Corrine's type-writer.  It is brand new & types really nice.  (By the way Chris, Kathy & Carol are my room-mates!)

I still need a good dress for commencement – just thought I'd tell you.  I was thinking of making something simple but I thought I would wait until you came. (Don't you feel lucky!)

We had a camp supper last Friday & it about the middle of it – it really started raining.  We were about ten miles from school on the picnic.  On the way back we got stuck – wow – what an experience!

Got to go.  Let me know when you're coming & if Cathy can come.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album