Thursday, May 24, 2018

1978 Roberta's letter to John -May 10

May 10, 1978
Hi, John!

Seems like alot is happening and I want to keep you up on things!!!  Sure wish we had the use of a watts line more often!!!

We are rally (met to say really) getting the truck fixed up.  Bought some carpet yesterday and that is scheduled to go in the weekend.  Got the boot put it . . . . which involves the window of the truck and the window of the shell camper taken out . . . then they take and put in a leather connection.  It's neat!!!  Wish you were here to see it all!!!

Marion goes in the hospital tomorrow.  Last night she had the last visit with the Dr. before going.  It's a shame but she doesn't much care for the Dr. . . . which doesn't make for the best situation.  Her sister is coming in tomorrow and stay for about 10 days.  Marion knows that you know so I strongly encourage you to write her a note . . . she needs to hear from people.  There are so many complications that could set in with the surgery . . . I'll keep you posted as to what she is doing.

John, would Ray be willing to pay $100 for the radio?  Whatever he pays please subtract it from the money I owe you.  How big of a hurry are you in for the money???  I'd be glad to have Dad pay you, then I could pay Dad back.  Also were you able to sell the spare tire????  Remember us selling the tire in Netcong?  We really got a good deal.  Whatever you got for it, how about subtracting it from what I owe you???

Work is going about the same.  I want to quit, but then I'm afraid I would have a really hard time in finding another job, unless I take one where again I'll be low man (person) on the totem pole.

I understand that the family is going to give you the BIG WHITE CAR for the summer.  I'm sorry that things worked out the way they did and you are without a car.  You know I didn't plan it that way.  Poor Serena got the worse end of the deal.

Keep me posted as to what is happening with you.  I'm enclosing a prayer you might like.  Let me know what you think about it. 

Love!
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album