Wednesday, May 02, 2018

1988 Joe's Letter to Roberta -April 23


Joe's notecard "Mathaloum Buildings" Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Sat. April 23, '88
Santa Fe, N.M.
Dear Roberta & Sid,

I rec'd your Gila Monster postcard and thank you!  I also rec'd your check Thursday and a big thank you.  I thought we agreed on $? so Roberta you are too generous – I do appreciate the business!  – My first in months.

I hope these paintings arrive safely – if not I'll replace them with something else.  The box is Food Bank – I also hope you don't have to pay a lot for the other frame.  It is a standard size 12" by 16" so it should be found ready made – Hence, not too expensive.

I'm on my diet.  I haven't bought any frozen yogurt since last Sat. although I drive around TCBY each day contemplating breaking my fast.  It's Ramadan in the Middle East so it's proper that we should be fasting for a month.  We are Moslem aren't we?

Enjoyed reading Sid's newsletter – he is truly gifted with writing.  I miss you all too!  Wish we could redo my time in Tucson and Phoenix.  Trust everyone will enjoy the paintings and thank you.

Love, Joe

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album