Saturday, May 26, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -May 13

May 13, 1968

Dear Family,

Hi!  Well, here I am using all the things you gave for my birthday.  Everything is coming in real handy – as you can see.  I'm still getting use to the typewriter as you can probably tell.

We did not even begin on the cake until Sunday night, but of course it went very fast after it once got started.  Everyone said it was very good and all.  We still have the prunes and dates left – they have not been opened yet  but once they are . . . .

OH YES!!!  My winter coats are still here and also my portrait.  You can always get it at commencement.  About June 1st . . . we are suppose to stay for lunch but we are allowed to leave AFTER commencement if plane schedules are such.  So, if you get plane reservations for Helen that we would have to leave before lunch we would all be allowed to leave before lunch.  So let me know, ok?

Hi, Roberta's family!  It was nice to see you last weekend.  Come again, Maybe next time the room will be clean.

That was Cris.  Give her credit for trying.  We have been "experimenting" with the tab and margin.

Hi!  I'm now in study hall.

We got our pictures tonight.  Mine are pretty funny. (as you can see!)  By the way they are also pretty expensive. (just thought I'd say it.)  There is one large one, (just a bit larger than this envelope) 8 of the largest one I'm sending you, 12 of the medium size I'm sending you & 32 of the smallest size I'm sending you.  Wow!  I should have enough.

Well, I better go now.  I'm sure glad you came.  Did you like Raven Rocks?  I sure did.

Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album