Thursday, May 31, 2018

1988 MV's Letter -May 17

17 May 88
Dear Mom, Dad and Grandma –

Sorry I couldn't remember the exact date of your return, so I thought I would simply go ahead and write.  Thanks for coming to visit last week and lunch and the check – I just wish we'd had more time, but there will be another visit to see the Horse Park, etc.

The voice recital went well last week; both Dr. Goold (dept. chair) and Ginny (my instructor) said they had seen such a measurable improvement over the semester, so I was encouraged by that.

And just this past weekend was the retreat in Alabama where I led the music.  It went extremely well and we had a lot of fun.  The church took really good care of us.  The only snag was a huge thunderstorm on Saturday night.

I'm done for the semester except typing my paper for vocal pedagogy, which I'll do tonight.  I'm anxious to see my grades next week.

I've tried to call John several times over the past few weeks to set a date in August to go sing/visit.  Since I'm not going up there June 12, I'll only be home the weekend of June 19 for Grandma's birthday.

Hope your trip went well.  Anxious to hear from you.

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album