Saturday, May 12, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -April 27

April 27, 1968
Saturday p.m.
Dear Family,

Hi!  How do you like my new stationary?  I got it on special sale in Barnesville (two for the price of one!)

I got Dad's postcard today & thanks alot.  It was nice talking to you last night also Mom.

This week-end over half of the school went on a week-end.  Jo Smith, Joe & John Stuckey all rode with J.N. Carey to Wil. or where-ever.

Our classes were cancelled today since so many were gone.  Instead we had a study-hall where we were suppose to read.

On the last Geometry test 3/4's of us failed it.  It was the six weeks test.  I got 17 out of 40.  Tr. Susan isn't sure what she's going to do yet about it – I guess.

I told you most of what the doctor told me.  The "visit" itself was only $5.00.  The medicine (lotion) was $2.83.  Do you want the bill for income purposes or what-ever?  If so I'll send it.

Hinerman's house is really something, isn't it?  That purple bathroom still gets me!  And then the guest room – Wow!  The house itself looks like a mansion!!  She also gave me a bunch of chocolate chip cookies & nut bread & pimento cheese sandwiches!  Wow!

She (Mrs. Hinerman) seemed to think this place (F.B.S.) was really strict.  She asked me if I was allowed to take food back with me.  I said "of course" of course (sounds confusing!)

She (still Mrs. Hinerman) drove me to the state pen (jail) in Moundsville.  It was an awful building and I was awfully glad to be on the outside of it.  I also saw the "mound."

When I was on the bus we went past the Wheeling Telephone building & there were alot of people picketing.

All in all it was quite a day.  I just wish my hair would start growing back instead of falling out.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album