Tuesday, January 02, 2018

1988 Serena's Letter -Jan.2

January 3, 1988

Dear Everyone,

Well, I have more or less finished my library science degree – more or less because I have to finish up a paper for an incomplete yet.  I left Bloomington on December 20, but it already seems like a long time ago.  I am now temporarily sponging off of my parents and living in New Vienna again.

Anyway, I have several plans for the relatively near future.  I am going with my family (most of it anyway – my parents, two youngest sisters and my brother and I) to the Holy Land – Israel, Jordan and Egypt.  We leave on Monday, January 11 and will be gone just under two weeks.

Then when we get back from there, I am planning on driving my sister's "new" used car [Elizabeth Johnson's 1978 Buick Electra] out to Phoenix for her.  I expect to make various stops along the way to see friends and family.  So those who would like to see me, particularly those willing to put me up, should let me know soon.  I intend to head west soon after returning from the overseas trip as some friends and I are supposed to have a small reunion over Valentine's Day week-end in Bloomington (Indiana, of course).

In between all of that running around, I hope to get a job somewhere in the Midwest doing reference and or computers in a public library.  If I don't have a job by mid-February, I plan to move to some place like the Indianapolis Y, work as a temporary, plus pester all the public libraries in the Midwest until someone takes me in.

Perhaps I should call this my Christmas letter since I didn't get one off this year, as usual.  Christmas was fine here in New Vienna.  Mary Virginia – my favorite younger sister – is home from Asbury Seminary where she is majoring in vocal music.  My brother John came down from Newark.  So the whole family was together (more or less) in Phoenix or New Vienna – my two older sisters live within about a block of each other in Phoenix.

For those of you who don't already have it – my parents' address and mine for the time being is – POST OFFICE BOX 325, NEW VIENNA, OHIO  45159.  The phone number is 513/987-2264.

This past week I have kept myself entertained by working at the office, getting over a cold, reading library books, and waiting to get some mail to read.  My cold is gone, and my "job" is almost over, so please send a letter for my entertainment.

Love,
Serena

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album