Friday, January 26, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -Jan.25

January 25, 1978
Dear Family,

Hi!  I've got a letter started at work, but can't seem to remember it when I rush out the door at 3:30.  By the way, I might have to start working until 4:00 again, but I'm fighting it.

Mary Virginia, got your letter today. Also the Penny Saver came today.  Usually it gets here on Tuesdays . . . . there is a Kitchie's coupon in this one.  You can get four brownies for $1.00 – usually 39¢ each!!!

Marion bought a clothes hamper this evening, and guess what, the box sides were just the right size for sending the picture to her sisters.  The big news now is that her brother-in-law just bought a four passenger plane and they they will be flying down for the spring break in it.

Buffie and I have really enjoyed the beef tongue.  I'm beginning to understand all the rockings of the little dealie.  Have been using it almost everynight for frozen vegetables.  Poor Man's microwave!!! 

We went bowling tonight right after school.  Marion still is not bowling, but kept score.  I played three games – and would you believe averaged just over 100 per hame.  One game was like 112, the others 95 and 96.  Have you been bowling Mary Virginia????  Thats the first time we have been bowling since you all left.  Also we haven't eaten out since Saturday evening.

How cold does it get in Gilroy?  Here – it is almost to freezing at night – I've gotten out my coat, mittens & hat to wear.  We got tickets to go see "Bubbling Brown Sugar" – didn't you see it Mary Virginia?  Our tickets are for the afternoon of the 11th – February.  I'm wondering who will be out that weekend  Liz – you all or what?  It will be at the auditorium in Tempe at the University.

One of the teachers from school – the one in charge of teaching Auto tune-ups, came over Monday night & fixed the Buick – now it no longer makes noises after you shut it off!  Didn't even cost me anything!

Now 5:50 AM – and I need to wash my hair ––

Let us know when you are coming  back ––

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album