Friday, January 12, 2018

1968 MUH Letter -Jan.12


Tuesday AM – 12:30
[From the letter we can determine this was written on January 12 or 19, 1968]

Hi, there!

This is really going to be a DASH!  Just hope it makes SENSE when I finish!  I wish I had time to make this a leisurely ltr with a lot of running commentaries about your daughter and the NEW ROMANCE . . .  ha!  As Mares, says, "I just introduced them; I wash my hands of the whole affair."  Typical!

Before I forget . . . thanks for the TISSUE!  Nothing could be more appropriate and appreciated to the Hortons with all their runny noses and MESSES.  HA!  Caused quite a bit of speculation upon arrival . . . I had the giver narrowed down to you and Roy G and he came in that same night and he said he absolutely didn't send it . . . ha and then when Mother finally got here retrieved from Mr. Decker . . . that was a dead give-away.  We have tissue cached away all over the house.  And boy is it soft!  I'm getting over a cold and it was real tender to my nose!  Dad was sure pleased with the jacket you sent him for his birthday.  How do you do it?  You're lucky he liked it.  I suppose G'ma told you we used the knife to cut the Xmas turkey.  Thanks for the loan.  HA!  She almost got two of those for I was going down the day after she received yours to buy one.  You're always a jump ahead of me!  That's the 12 years difference . . . MY AGE is showing.  HA!

First of all . . . it was fun to have Catherine here.  Your kids are always EXCEPTIONALLY helpful and cooperative when anything is needed done.  She helped me a lot in the kitchen . . . (she did come home to eat and change clothes . . . ha).  We really did want her to have a good time . . . that turned out to be an UNDERSTATEMENT.  HA!  [Then comes a long paragraph + + about a Christmas romance, his family, etc. – way more than I want to transcribe.  Read the scanned copy if you want all the details!  As a preview of what happened when he came to Kalamazoo for his spring break, I can add it didn't go well, maybe more details when we get to that time period.]

Love,
Mary & all

[Added at the top of the page]  
Thanks for taking care of Joe for a few days.  Had a ltr to-day and WHAT WEATHER!  He is getting a new roommate.  John is going out on co-op.  Busy memorizing and wishing for another vacation.  Cris is busy trying to get ready for the MYF UN-Washington tour.  They fly from Jacksonville the 26th.  JUST HOPE he stays well and gets on that plane.  First Mares had "it", then me, and now Rob.  That was cute stationary John wrote on and SO NEAT!  Rob enjoyed the ltr.


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album