Monday, January 15, 2018

1978 Roberta's letter to John -Jan.19


January 19, 1978
Dear John,

President Carter is on the television and Mother and Marion are listening so thought I would get something worthwhile done and get a letter written to you.

Your letter came today.  I'm glad you are enjoying your traveling for YAF.  How many miles did you go all together???  Did you feel like you got everything done that you set out to do?  Do you have a job yet . . . no, I met [sic] to say a place yet for your job in Columbus?  What about the interview you had in Washington D.C.???  Again, met to say, have coming up . . . .  This typewriter takes some getting used to.  From this letter you would never believe that I type for a living.

Did you hear that I did not get the job that I so badly wanted?  I'm thinking about applying for some more jobs in the school system, or perhaps, just wait till Summer then try to find another job.  I like Mesa alot, and of course enjoy the warm weather, and all that stuff.  Marion is so neat to live with.  Very open, honest, and very much of a friend.  It's nice . . . .

I hope you didn't get too shaken up over the scratches in the car.  I'm glad that you didn't get hurt.  I won't be needing the car this summer, so the car is yours to be used in whatever you do.  I'm surprised that Carole is thinking of going back to the farm, and how about your plans?  You could do good working in the office and canteen both.  I'll come up and visit you and help you out.

This is some of Marion's fine stationary,

Love, Berta

Always put #140 in address!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album