Sunday, January 28, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -Jan.26

January 26, 1968
Dear Mom, Dad, Serena, John, and Mary,

Hi!  Gee thanks for all the packages!  Yesterday I got two from you (one via Sears) and one from Dennis and then today the cake came.  I opened the one box yesterday which had the two presents in it.  I didn't open the presents though!  The paper was slightly torn on the cake box so I could tell it was food!  I haven't opened anything else though.

Today must be double day or something.  I got two letters from Dennis and a post card and birthday card from Roberta.  She said something about Marietta which I didn't understand.  Did you all go?

Bruce may not have faded completely out of the picture or if he did he is now coming back in.  I sure wish Jon K would fade out and stay out, he called yesterday and asked me out for Saturday night, I told him I had other plans so he asked me our for Friday at which point I told him I again had other plans.  He never gives up – his next question was just exactly what were my other plans.  Tonight I'm going to a party – a studying party at the library and I can't remember what I said about tomorrow.

Yesterday I flunked a calc exam and today I did very poorly on a physics quiz.  It really makes me feel good to realize there may be one or two other people who know as little as I do.

Sunday night I'm going to a fireside at President Hicks house where we are all discussing the evolution of the Kalamazoo Plan.  Anybody can go to one of these fireside dealies as long as they sign up in advance.

Saturday night – or maybe its tonight – the foreign students and other interested peoples are preparing a smorgasbord of foods from 21 countries which I signed up to go to.  It seems like all you do around this place is sign up.  Pretty soon they're going to start rationing drinking water!

It's almost time for lunch now so I bid you all farewell and may you function in peace, harmony, and hilarity!

Love,
Cathy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album