Thursday, January 11, 2018

1968 HH to & from Roberta -Jan.13,15


[from HH to Roberta]
Saturday A.M. 1-13-68

Dear Roberta:  How do you like this stationary, but please excuse my typing.  Got your letter yesterday but you will have to do a little budgeting or your money will run out before school does.  Another payment is enclosed, Roberta.  Bet about everybody in your classes have had a loss of memory over the holidays.  Don't think about the bad parts, be thankful for all the opportunities.  Look at the story of David and Goliath.  You might enjoy reading the enclosed clipping and the "D" average. 

Sure nice of Helen to bring you the gift.  Do you still have hopes of going out there this next summer?  We are having more snow this morning – guess this is an unusual winter, but spring is not far behind. 

Is the new library in Barnesville open yet?  How is the apple supply?  Who is the new cook?  How did you like shopping in Wheeling?  It is hard for me to remember to put on 6¢ for mail.  Sorry about S's driving  . . . .


[from Roberta to HH]
Jan. 15, 1968

Dear Dad, got "this" this morning.  NOW!!  Library is not done yet in Barnesville.  We have (as of yet) no new cook.  Apples are still of plenty but are getting soft.

I liked shopping in Wheeling.  (only spent $4.00 dollars!!)  Did you all get the card I sent from there?

Am planning on taking 11th English this summer.  Any good ideas?  About correspondence??  Also would like to take Amer. History.  I had 1/2 of a year of it (last year 1st semester) but I sure liked it.  (Especially compared to this old Ancient History!)  It's for the birds.  So is Geometry.  Oh well, two long stories.  Be prepared for grades.  Um – another long story.

Thanks for money.  I never was one to save.  But perhaps I better start.

Lots of Love, Roberta

[from Roberta to Jean]
Dear Mother,

Hi!  What's all this about going to Florida over Spring Vacation??  OH – yes – make a doctors appointment for me February 15, 1968 1:30 P.M. if possible.  Doctor Terrell!  I've lost  4  pounds since coming back from Christmas.

Right now 1/4 of the school has the flu.  I'm not part of it yet but I got more than my share of cold.  (Kleenex's really are handy & nice at a time like this!)

I'll be rooming with four of the biggest talkers.  No sleep – OH!  Not again.

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album