Monday, January 01, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -Jan.2

January 2, 1978
Dear John,

Happy New Year!!!!  I'm at work and have great news . . . something two weeks ago I thought would have been impossible.  I've got everything done that "they" wanted done over the holidays.  It's a good feeling!!!!

Now what are you up to, and where are you getting your mail????  I wanted to thank you for the nice Christmas gift, I'd always wanted a book on how to use the telephone.  I also wanted to thank you for the gasoline which got us to Gila Bend, where I put in $5.00 worth, other than the use of the locksmith, I had a super good deal!!!

You would have just died laughing if you saw Mary Virginia and I yesterday.  We locked ourselves, not just out of the house, but also the gate.  So I was trying to get her over the fence . . . and that didn't seem to work, so I got a neighbor and he took the lock off (unscrewed it).  Then we had to worry about getting in . . . . so we got the screen off the downstairs window, and the window would open up so wide, but that was it.  I was on my way over to Pat's (the lady I work with in the office) and Mary Virginia saw a Locksmith van, so we pulled it over, and he came and had the door open with just a bobby pin in about half a minute.  Of course he gave me special bargain rates of only $5.00!!!!  That's the last time I'm going to have to use a locksmith for awhile.

I wanted to send you this picture to bring back memories of Maggie.  The AAACon man here was really nice – I told him anytime he had a care [car?] going to San Diego to let me know.  And he has already called me once!!!!

We haven't been in yet to see Aunt Alice, and get some of the biscuits that she promised us.  I just hate to her get in a bind.

Mary Va and I have been bowling several times.  It's always good for a laugh.  Liz called and she is coming the weekend of January 20th.

Have a great year, it was great to see you . . . just too short of a time.  How is it going this month as to YAF???  Did you get to the place in L.A.????

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album