Monday, January 08, 2018

1968 HH to & from Catherine -Jan.9,11


1-9-68
[from HH to Catherine]

Dear Catherine:  We tried to call you Sunday evening, but they advised us you were out or perhaps not in yet.  Anyway we are anxious to hear how things progressed after gate #11?  It was sure a cold day.   We got to Kuntzmans about 10 A.M. in time for about a half hour of S.S., then Church then had lunch with them. 

Stayed until about 3 P.M. and was home for supper and then MYF that evening.  Next Sunday evening our group is going to Martinsville as guests, so that will save us one program.  How are the new courses going?  Many changes in the bldg. program since you left. 

Bet Florida seems like a dream with this zero weather – at least the weather is consistent.  Drop us a line when you can for anxious to hear how everything is.

[Signed] Dad

1/11/68
[from Catherine]

Hi!  I am glad to hear from you all again.  Things here are about the same as last quarter – they keep getting increasingly difficult.  The math and physics, of course, are just continuations and I really haven't had enough of the English to tell much.

Say, Daddy, do you remember you were telling me about someone (or maybe some co.) that you know about in Morris, Ill.?  Please send me more details so I can tell Bruce.  All I could tell him was that I didn't remember! 

Pledging starts either this week or next but I haven't been paying much attention as I don't plan to pledge! 

I went down town Tuesday, took my shoes to the repair shop and did some other various errands.  The only book I had to buy this quarter was for English.  Later on in the quarter I will have to get a new physics book and I'm not sure about the math. 

I met one guy who was sick last quarter so this is his first quarter as a freshman.  Are we still planning to go to Florida over vacation?  I really would like to know so I can make plans!  OK?

Love, Cathy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album