Tuesday, January 09, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -Jan.11

Wednesday
[Jan. 11, 1968]
Dear Family,

Hi!  I got your letter yesterday with the stamps in it.  I've used up most of the 6¢ ones but the 1¢ should last awhile especially since I bought $1.00 worth of them myself.

Today we had a BIG History test.  Man – that stuff is so ancient – I guess that's the reason they call it Ancient History.  I sure hope we get into something interesting next six weeks because what we have now is just names & dates.

Do you remember how well I knew that Geometry stuff over Christmas?  Well ~~~~~ yesterday we had a test on it and if I didn't flunk it I came pretty close.  I might as well not even try to understand it.

I'm trying to think up new ill-nesses for the last week in January.  That's when our semester tests come! – (Just Kidding) I sure am dreading them.  I suppose I'll just have to flunk them like always.

OH!  Helen got back LATE Tuesday night, or last night.

This week-end I have to buy some more of my pills.  They cost $6.00 – WOW!  I spent $4.00 in Wheeling so I'll have a whole $1.00 left after I buy my pills.  Unless I spend it.  HA!

Love,
Roberta

 P.S. Hair-dryer works good.  I'm using it now. (This very minute in fact!)  Thanks for ALL!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album