Friday, January 12, 2018

1968 HH to & from Catherine -Jan.13,16

[from HH to Catherine]
1-13-68

Dear Catherine:  Having more snow this A.M., in fact comes next Monday it will have been on the ground three weeks. On our Morris Ill. acct the name is The Century Wholesale Co. and the buyer is Robert Washburn.  I think they have several five & ten stores and may do a little wholesaling also.  I was there some years ago on the old route 6 and was it a narrow twisting road, which now has been replaced by an interstate route.  Let us know if Bruce knows of this company, Catherine.

Nothing definite on Florida yet, but some place like Boston or Williamsburg would be more educational and besides we wouldn't want anybody to flunk out of PBJC.  Possibly in the next few weeks something might "jell" for you that you would prefer over Florida.  Have you gotten any of the pictures up yet?  Mailed a round tube to you recently, hope you can use the contents – thought it was a nice picture calendar.  Look at February's picture.  Dad.

P.S. A spare [message/reply form?] is enclosed.  Probably you can buy these at an office supply store.

[from Catherine]

1/16/68  Hi everybody!  Are you people trying to get out of going to Fla already?  How about New Orleans?  -- just a suggestion!  If we do go East I'd like to see more of the Rev. War type stuff.  What about Roberta?

I will ask Bruce about the Morris Illinois stuff.  I haven't seen too much of him lately – although I did go out with him lat weekend I have met alot of new guys so I have by no means settled down!  HA!  I hear from Dennis about every day and I'm saving my money – maybe I can fly down over Easter or something!  NOTE, I'm not saying I don't want to go over spring vacation, it's just that I don't want you all to be bored with such a "non-educational" trip!  I've lost five pounds and I'm still on my diet!  Mrs. Benne (PE teacher) asked me if I had lost wt over vacation.  I didn't tell her that I hadn't started my diet till I got back here!

I sent for an application for a summer job at the Claremont  [or Crestmont?] Inn in Eaglesmere, Pa.  Where's that ?  Anyway, it sounds like a good job!  I like what we're studying in physics, I hate the math, and I could do without the English!  Only 66 days until vacation!

Love, Catherine
I'm sending pink copy to Roberta.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album