Thursday, January 18, 2018

1988 Mr. Luck's letter to Jean -Jan.

January 1988
Dear Mrs. Uible,

I hope your weekend has been a very rewarding spiritual experience.  In writing this note I recall the many pleasant occasions we had at New Vienna School and the associations & friendships I developed.  Your friendship is one I cherish very much.  I have a deep respect for you as a person as well as your professional knowledge of books.  I always was impressed with your knowledge of the content of the books in our library.  I observed you helping young people with book selection  – be it for pleasure or to complete an assignment.  I placed complete faith in your ability to select materials for the library.  Your moral and value system was the same as mine so I didn't worry.  You have a very pleasant and pleasing personality as well as intellect that permits you to be comfortable with all people.

A memory that will always remain with me concerns John's illness.  I will never forget how serious his condition was nor how badly he looked when I saw him recovering.  I can still remember searching for the disease that afflicted him.  I was extremely happy that the condition was treated and he fully recovered.  I also remember when John, Sam Terrell and Kelly Grooms had the disagreement which resulted in Kelly's feelings being hurt.

John always (generally) was very serious.  Mary was very fun-loving.  Remember the Spanish Program Mary performed with [?] in the New Vienna Gym?  I certainly enjoyed her singing and acting that evening. 

I have never attended a spiritual retreat but am aware that this is an excellent opportunity to renew one's spiritual feeling.  I will always value your friendship.  I wish only the best for your family and you.

Sincerely,
James A. Luck

P.S. I have not edited this letter.  If I used incorrect grammar or misspelling – please overlook.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album