Wednesday, January 24, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter ~Jan.24

[postmarked Jan 24, 1968]
Dear Family,

Hi!  Enjoyed speaking to you all – well, just Dad – last night.  All the pain is back in my foot today so it doesn't feel too good.

I had "planters warts" on the bottom of my feet which were all burned off.  (After 3 shots of painful Novocaine!)

My toe-nail on the toe next to my little toe was taken out – after one shot of novocaine there.

This was all done at the surgeon – THEN – I went to the foot doctor – (next door down – behind the hospital!) and he told me I need bigger shoes or smaller feet but he didn't know where or how I could get smaller feet so he suggested I get new shoes.  I also am suppose to get a metal bar called a Met ______ placed on the outside of my shoe on the sole to release pressure on this one part of my feet.

GEE!  WHAT A MESS!  OH! YEA!  I went to nurse Sunday night – the 21st for her to look at my foot – she said it would just take time.  So!  Monday Noon I went to Teacher Susan showing her all my infections and she called the surgeon asking to see what time I could get in that afternoon.  I guess it was pretty BAD!

Right now I can hardly walk – I'm not able to put weight on it very successfully!

I somehow managed to forget and/or not to have the cheese again.  I GIVE UP!

My office bill is going to be around $10.00 – not counting all these recent stupid doctor bills.  I paid the foot doctor $7.00 which just included office call, pads to put between my toes.  Inflation, huh?

This crazy school charges 70¢ to take you to the doctor & back.  For 50¢ more I could enjoy the luxury & convenience (HA!) of a Taxie.    Now what do you think of that?

A couple of kids are thinking about not being around (HERE) 2nd semester.  Don't be too surprised if I decide to do it.  I'll call you up first though.  OK?

Love, 
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album