Friday, January 19, 2018

1988 MUH letter to Jean -Jan.20

Wed. – January 20 – 1988

Dear Jean:

How is the Spiritual Retreat going?  Did you find it worth-while and revitalizing?  Did you find the need for it?  Well, I'm not supposed to be asking you a lot of questions . . . . but write you a letter.  (I hope I can get my mind working???)

We have had a lot of fun-times together since that first time you spent the night with us in Hillsboro before you were married.  Remember we talked until the 'wee' hours.  Many doubts, fears go thru your mind shortly before getting married . . . . and you had a few???  Well, you've survived raising 5 children and doing many jobs for the church, community and for yourself.  I often wonder how you accomplish so much and so efficiently.  HH was so fortunate to find you . . . . you two work so well as a team in anything you do.  Work or pleasure!!!

When we lived in Hillsboro we spent a lot of week-ends in Dad's backyard.  Wasn't it fun when we each had our first girls?  Taking pictures of Mares and Catherine on the grass?  Now look how the years have passed and they're both busy adults.  Do you find it difficult to imagine "C" will soon be 40?  I'm glad that the cousins grew up together and shared some of their lives.  I feel as though I missed something not having a sister or brother near my own age.  I hope that both Cindy and Angela have another (2nd) child . . . (Cindy hasn't had her first one yet . . . but she has done a great job keeping her weight down, eating the right foods, exercising, and reading 'all the right books' . . . ha).  They're so excited about the up-coming event.  Rob is actually settled down and studying hard to get his Masters.

THANKS for being my sister-in-law! !  You have been a loving and helpful daughter to my Mother and I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.  I tell Mother you do more nice things for her than I do!  G'Ma is a fortunate woman to have a devoted daughter-in-law and son.  I'm sure she would like to tell you the same if she were able to write !  I tried to convince her that if she would talk to me I'd type a ltr for her to you.  She doesn't like to be bothered and it's hard for her to express herself . . . especially FEELINGS!  But I know she thinks the world of you and happy that HH is in 'good hands'.

Looking forward to seeing you in March!  There again . . . shows how generous you two are in sharing your time here so that Bill and I can get away for 3 wks.

I do hope that your WALK TO EMMAUS was rewarding and gave you a spiritual renewal! ! !  (I'm real sorry that I did not write MV a ltr. when she went last Summer. . . .I just didn't realize what it was all about or that the letter would mean that much to her!)

ALL MY LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS!

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album