Thursday, January 25, 2018

1978 Rob's Letter to John -Jan.24


Jan. 24, 1978
Dear John,

I read your letter and the more I think about the coming summer, I think it would be a great idea to work up in N.J.  It would be great if we could room together.  I wonder if my Vega could make the trip up and back?  HA!  I feel transportation will not be a major problem.

By June 8, I will have completed my senior year at F.A.U.  When do you start the program at the Farm?   I am anxious to receive information from Curt Ream.  I wrote him a business letter Jan. 24th.  I mentioned your name in the letter.

Do you think I could save any of my earnings or do you have to use alot on the farm?  You said the room & board is provided.

You know I am very serious about my weightlifting.  Is there a gym I could train at nights.  Not every night, but maybe 3 or 4 nights a week in ANDOVER.  There's got to be something in Andover.  It is a big city?  Or is it?

Sunday I went to the Pepsi-Cola Grand Slam at Boca West, the prize money came to $125,000 for the winner, $60,000 for the loser.  Borg beat Connors, 7-6, 3-6, & 6-1.  The ticket was $25.00.  If you had box seats it was $600 for a seat.  These retired people are loaded.  They collected stamps early, I guess HA!

Well it sounds like a good change for me to go up to N.J.  I am getting tired of FLORIDA!  I want a different environment & setting.

I told Mr. Ream, that I was interested in a lifeguard position or recreation counselor.  I also said that I will work very hard & that I am in good health.  Let me hear your thoughts on a typical day at Hudson Guild Farm.  Especially the FOOD. (QUALITY)

Take Care,
Rob

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album