Friday, February 12, 2016

1976 Roberta's Letter to Aunt Sarah (Horton) -Feb.11

Feb. 11, 1976
Dear Aunt Sarah,

Hi – I'm ashamed of myself for having been such a poor letter writer on my trip!

I've had a very enjoyable trip.  After seeing Delhi, Calcutta, and a few places near Calcutta I went to Bombay and then South.  The Southern part of India is full of natural beauty.  Also there are some of the most beautiful Hindu Temples in the South.

The last 2 weeks I've been in Ceylon – I've thought of you here when I drink the good tea!  I went out to Ratnapura where the gem mines are – but because of the prices – looking at the gem stones was enough for me!

The fruits here are so good – the pineapple, papaya, bananas, and the coconut.  They use the coconut in everything.  In cooking they use coconut oil, drink the coconut water, and use coconut in so many different food.  I'm glad I like coconut!

At first I found the food in India to be too hot and spicy – but now I'm used to it.  When I get home the food will taste plain!

I hope this winter has been a good one for you.  I hope to come to Florida in March after I get home, we will have alot to talk about.  I'll have to tell you all about my trip.

My best to you –

Roberta Uible

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album