Tuesday, February 09, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter -Feb.9

February 9, 1976
Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Thanks for your latest letter.  I am not going to Philadelphia after all so I won't be passing through New York after all, however I will plan on seeing John and Dad in Exeter.  X has expressed a desire to see John and Dad also so he will probably bring me down – I would guess in the latter part of the afternoon.  Hope that is OK.  Gerry (my latest heartthrob) has also expressed interest in meeting some of my family but I'm not sure that it would be so terrific to have both X and Gerry present at the same time so perhaps you can meet Gerry on some future occasion.

The Sanford Bicentennial Year is getting busier.  Did I tell you that I am the historian for the Bicentennial Committee?  So far all I've had to do is collect all the stuff that gets printed, minutes of the meetings, etc.  The hardest part will probably be putting the stuff in some sort of order to be saved for posterity.

I'm still going bowling one night a week plus I'm going to go tomorrow morning with one of my girlfriends.  I'm still not too good but I have a good time.

X heard favorably from the U. of I. and he has submitted his resignation here effective as of June 1.  The library Board meets tonight so perhaps they will decide whether to offer me his job or look for somebody else.

I got a post card from Serena.  She has a very unique way of saying absolutely nothing.

Well, I'll be looking forward to seeing Dad in Exeter.

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album