Sunday, December 15, 2013

1993 Cynthia's letter -Dec.18

Most of us have been recipients of the Guideposts gift subscription, but Cynthia wins the award for what must be one of the best thank you letters. Transcription follows.



 Little Common Methodist Church
(Hastings, Bexhill and Rye Circuit)Little Common, Bexhill-on-Sea, East SussexMinister: Rev. Cynthia Park, M.A.

[Sticker with home address]
18 December, 1993

Dear Harold & Jean,

Once again thank you so much for the wonderful gift subscription to Guideposts.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that little magazine.  I so look forward to receiving it and it cheers me no end.  I have to ration myself so I don't read it all at one sitting!  Thanks so very much.

As you've probably heard we had Wendy with us for a few days.  We had such a lovely time with her – showing her around and introducing her to our friends.  We did try to get her into the school here in Bexhill – but, alas, they were full up.  We were so sorry.  We would have enjoyed getting to know her better and it would have broadened her experience that much the more.  But, alas, it was not to be.

We were both so sorry to hear of Mrs. Uible Senior's death.  She lived a wonderfully long life – but in a way having had her so long makes it that much more difficult to live without her.  But we do know she is at complete peace - and in her mind and body living a life of great joy.  And we know too that one day we will see her again.  For all this we can be thankful.

And again I'm very thankful indeed for you kind gifts.  Guideposts is so special to me.  Thank you so much.

God bless you, 
and every good wish 
for 1994,
Love, CynthiaPosted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album