Thursday, December 05, 2013

1973 Roberta's Letter -Dec.5

Roberta keeps Grandma busy, while Cris and Rob prepare for a trip to Senegal. Transcription follows.

December 5, 1973

Dear Family –

Got your letter yesterday - and John that $15.00 check sure came as a surprise.  Need I say a very pleasant surprise!?

Mother - I hope you have a very happy birthday -we're be thinking about you next Tuesday.  You know that will be a busy day around here – as that is the day that Cris and Rob leave out of Miami.

Today was my last day of classes – we got our take home final in Deviance - it was worse than I thought and I had been expecting the worse! (HA!)  There's six questions - but boy are they hard to understand.

Mother - your present is in the middle of the box that is coming w/ Mary V's coat in it.  I'm sorry it took me so long to get that coat sent back – and Grandma is the one that finally got it packaged to go!!  I really have been keeping her busy – she's done alot of odd & end sewing for me – fixing ripped pockets – etc.

I lost another ½ pound this week – 8 little ounces – but I've lost about 870 ounces alltogether!!

I never got a check from Doctor Maxine Hamilton – I remember you mentioning it when I was in Atlanta but I've not gotten anything of that sort.

I got a letter yesterday from Cheryl Rogers – she may be coming down after the 1st of the year.

Again – have a Happy, Happy Birthday Mom!

Love, Berta
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album