Friday, August 23, 2013

1982 Roberta's card to GHU Aug. 23

Roberta sends this card to Grandma in 1982. Not sure about the connection with the T.V. spot. Transcription follows.


You meet all kinds of people on the road of life . . . wish they were all as nice as you!
Roberta's card to GHU August 23, 1982
Posted by Picasa
8/23/82

Hi Grandma!

I saw this card today & it reminded me of you & your T.V. spot!!

Went out shopping today for school supplies – I was sure surprised at the prices!  I just don't know how parents could afford to have children in school!!  My classes start tomorrow.

My first class starts at 6:45 AM to 7:45 AM.  That's the math class – then the Science class goes from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM.  Really happy with the schedule.  Only go to classes 4 days a week –

We are looking forward to your stay in Arizona.

Thanks to our 6 foot fence & Charlie's cage both dogs are under control.  You are really going to like Tobey – the Cocker Spaniel.

Hope you are feeling & doing fine ––

Much love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album