Monday, August 05, 2013

1973 Roberta's letter - Aug. 5

Roberta keeps the letters coming from Florida to Ohio.  Aunt Mary foresees MV's future musical accomplishments.  Transcription follows.

August 5, 1973

Dear Family,

Hi!!!  Hope all of you are fine. We got Mary V's and Grandma's letters yesterday.  Thanks.  Mary V . . . . Uncle Bill told me to tell you that he resented the fact that you wrote it just to "Aunt Mary and Roberta".  Aunt Mary is happy about your musical progress . . . . or whatever.  She says to keep up the good work and that you will really be dynamic in the years to come.

I guess the county fair is this week.  Mary V, did you get your free pass.  Also this week Serena gets home.  Aunt Mary has been reading the literature you sent us about Earlum [sic], and she thinks it sounds like a pretty good school.  I just wish it wasn't so hard to/ spell.  But, if you go there for four years I'm sure I'll be able to learn to spell it in that length of time.

I've really been riding the pink panther alot.  I've been riding it more in the evening when it is cooler, and I find that that is much better.  The more I ride it the better I'm gettingg to know Lake Worth . . . . . which I guess is good.

I just got back from Sunday Evening Service.  I don't think there were even twenty people there tonight.  But, Aunt Mary told me that there were about 280 people this morning in Church, which I guess is real good for this time of year.

Oh . . . . next Sunday I'm off from work.  The occasion . . . . Julie Wiget is coming down.  It's the first Sunday I've been off since sometime in April so I'm really looking forward to it.  Then starting next Monday I'm going to be off Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.  So . . . . . . I imagine those tree days we will go to Disney World and then to Tampa, and then back home.  We'll probably do what we did Mary  Virginia about going to Disney World.  I'm really looking forward to going back.  Julie will just be xxx staying a week.  I must say, she gets around to doing things . . . . . alot more so than her parents, who haven't even made it to Florida yet themselves.  She said she had to change planes in Atlanta but she isn't scared since she has experience behind her.

I've made my reservations to fly home.  It will be on September 3rd (Monday).  I leave West Palm at eight that morning and will get to Cincinnati 11:29. I hope that that time and day will fit into to yoiu all's schedule as to coming and picking me up.  I decided that one would be better than the 1:30 A.M. flight !!!!!  I'm planning on working up through the 2nd of September.  I'll fill your in on flight numbers, etc as the time gets closer.

This Wednesday Jill (a girl from work) and I are to go shopping down at the Pompano Mall.  I'm not sure if I'll buy anything yeto or not.

This week I work a pretty full week, with Wednesday and Friday off.  Won't be able to go to Weight Watchers till Friday morning as I have to be at work early (9:40) every morning.  Which I guess is just as good because I went on Friday last week.  This week will be my 16th week in it.  Wow . . . . . what an investment . . . . .

We saw a program on the television the other night about Peru and alot of the places you all talked about.  I'm not even going to try to spell them!!!  It was really an interesting program, did you all see it by chance?????  Have you been able to see Larry's pictures, I imagine he has got some good ones.

Well, I better close.  Welcome back to the states, Serena, and most of all to New Vienna!!!!!  Will I see you in September????

Love, Berta
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album