Friday, October 29, 2021

1981 Roberta's letters to GHU - Nov.

 

10 or 11/81 
[Other paperwork shows Senior Village opened 11/4/81]

Dear Grandma,

We all made it through our 1st night at Senior Village.  The women in the 1st house all moved in yesterday & they each had so much stuff!  There's just a walking path thru the house!  So we have our work cut out for us!!

Last night they wanted me to sleep in the house they are in -- they were all afraid something would happen to me -- or that I would get scared!!   But I slept just fine -- no wonder -- I was so tired!!

Marion & I were here LONG hours over the weekend -- we put up the mailboxes -- fixed the fences & planted 3 yards of RYE grass.  That was alot of hard work --

When will you be going to Florida?

Much Love,
Roberta

* * * * *

Friday pm
11 -   - 81

Dear Grandma,

I finally finished the roll of film that I started on our trip [Alaska] -- thought that the pictures turned out real good.  You can keep these.  I'll keep the negatives if anyone would want a duplicate.  I want to get some for myself!

The pictures brought back lots of memories from the trip -- I like to remember everything about it -- except for that rough time -- when even I didn't feel like eating!!!

I got the folks letter today -- the pictures of Mary Virginia & Mie Young were very good.

I just now finished a Food Inventory Sheet & lots of other paper work!  We have to know weekly what we spend on food -- and then exactly per person -- how much per meal.  For the 1st week -- it was 62¢ per person per meal.  That is very good!!!  These women don't waste an ounce of food!  You would get along fine w/ them!!!  Sometimes I think it's a waste of a dish (to dirty it!) to save their leftovers -- such small amounts!!

I've started taking the Christian Science Monitor -- really enjoy it.

I need to get to bed -- morning always come too early for me!

Much Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album